Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cruising Sea of Cortez - Summer 2009

Third installment

Plans changed again. Delaying for a day to visit Loreto and then I pull anchor again to continue my cruise. This means I will be away from any Internet access for awhile and I won't be able to update blog with Escondido or Loreto until later. There really is not much here in Escondido as far a great view other than the sunsets over the nearby mountains. I will try to get a photo of some of us cruisers playing water Volleyball in a place called Cocktail Cove. Kids and adults play together and some of the kids are kicking our butts.

So the next stop on the tour is Bahia Agua Verde. I stayed here for three days, visiting other cruisers, hiking and snorkeling and just kicking back to relax.


Took the dinghy over to a small cave to see if I could find any sea monsters. I found only crabs.


Dolce Vita is the boat off in the distance. You can't see my dinghy but is on the far beach where I began my hike. I found some people on the beach at the end of the hike and asked if they would be so kind to take me on their dinghy to where I anchored. I was not in the mood to hike back.


It is amazing that anything grows in the desert, but beauty can be found even here.



The small fishing village had a store and what they called a restaurant which really is some one's home. I had three fish tacos. They were great.


Well that is it for now. I ran out of interesting photos and stories. In the next few weeks, I will update the blog with the latest adventures. Better and more beautiful anchorages wait for my arrival.


This is the shell from a crab from one that left home. How they crawl out of their shell and leave them in good condition is a mystery to me. A marine biologist would have the answer for me.

No comments: