Sunday, April 27, 2008

San Diego

We have arrived at the latest port-of call, San Diego. This of course was not with a series of adventures that you read about in my email. I woke up this morning with the alarming realization of why things went wrong last Friday. IT WAS FRIDAY! I read a great book that my son gave be some years ago; Dove. It is a book about the adventures of a young boy that sailed from Los Angeles on a single handed trip around the world. For the ladies out there there is another book that has been published about a young girl from New England that did the same, but let me get back to the point I was about to make. One does NOT EVER start a voyage, even the next leg, on a Friday. BAD KARMA or if you rather, very bad luck will befall you. It happened to Dove and it happened to me. Dolce Vita will not set sail from this point forward on a Friday.
We are being towed to our marina. Very embarrassing way to enter San Diego Bay for the first time.
We spent two days in Dana Point kicking back to enjoy the warm weather and meeting of great friends and co-workers. Steve and Betsy came by baring great gifts. An 18 year old fifth of Macallan scotch which we immediately broke into for a toast and of course with a fresh cigar. They also brought a book that my son Steve and wife Jessie gave me for my upcoming birthday. A book on what to do and see while in Mexico. They also wrote me some words of wisdom in the cover encouraging me to learn how to chill when finding myself in long lines that move very slow. Good advice. Andrew Seboc, that I had the pleasure to work with at CSAA also came by to say hello and to share a glass of wine with us.















As we neared the San Diego coast it began to reach out to us, to welcome us to town. Bob almost jumped ship and swam ashore. There were others that were leaving for parts unknown in a large vessel call cruise ship. I am sure there we those that took photos of this beautiful sailing boat that was under tow.
We will be staying in San Diego until next Saturday when hopefully all repairs are finished. Who else can stay in San Diego for $20 a day on the water with a great view. We are not in a hurry to leave.
So until next time, be safe out there.
There probably will not be any more blogs for awhile as our next stop is Mexico. When i find an Internet cafe, I will update the blog

No comments: