Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Play Land on the Beach, Santa Cruz







Santa Cruz Board Walk.



This is about 1/2 mile from that marina in Santa Cruz where I stopped for the day. We took the kids here and also came here to play on the beach and BBQ. Interesting that there was little wind today until I was within 1 mile of here and then it starts to blow. Blow while you are off shore, not when you try to dock, but dock I did and as far as I can tell, the dock should be OK.



I saw four whales today and should see many more as I go farther south. They are leaving Ba Ha hearing that I am headed that way.



As promised, here is a photo of the shore which is about half way between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz. This is near where I sighted the whales.


Tomorrow I am off to Monterey and will hold up there a few days while I wait for my crew. Bob had some business he had to attend to and will meet up with me again before our next leg. The next leg will take 23 hours at best so it will be a long day before we find the next port which is Morrow Bay. This is where Steve teaches. Steve, Jessie and Ray live in a town near by, Los Osos.


Until tomorrow, that is all for today.

1 comment:

Óscar Martín said...

Hi Dennis.
I´m Óscar from Spain.
I´m glad you are begin your trip finally. I hope follow this blog so far as possible y view all your comments and photos in your "travel journal".
I don´t need mention when you arrive to Spain you have the obligation to call me and going us to eat a "paella" o "Pescaito frito" and my last discovering "mollejas of lamb"
I send you a big hug from Spain.
Enjoy your trip, Óscar