Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Be careful what you ask for

All of you have read the email that I sent detailing the storm we sailed through on our way from Monterey to Morrow bay so I won't bore you going over the details again. Beside it is something that I would like to put behind me as I now look forward to kind and gentle seas.

This is what it looked like as we left Morterey. Sunny and warm with no wind. This is when I complained about not having wind again....BAD Mistake!



Four hours into the day's sail this is what it looked like from the boat. Notice how calm it is. We were also rewarded with the sighting of several whales. I was only able to get the photo of this one whale. I'll try to do better next time and get better shots.













These next photos were taken about 24 hours after we left Monterey and the storm had finally died of and times were again good. Yes we were sailing but in much different conditions. The big rock is called Morrow Rock and it is at the entrance of Morrow Bay. We made it.



Notice the smile on my crew. Bob is happy again. I didn't get a photo of him after he stepped off of the boat and knelt down to kiss mother earth!!!

Well that is finally it for know. Sorry it took so long to get this out. I also have not been able to connect to the vessel locator which still shows us in Monterey.

No comments: