Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ready To Push Off

I am now retired and find myself busier than ever getting the boat and myself ready for the scheduled sail off on March 15th. So far I am on schedule.My son Steve is going to join me when I reach Morro Bay. We are going to visit the Channel Islands off of Santa Barbara for a week and then will drop him off at Santa Barbara so he can return to his class. Steve teaches Science and Biology. Bob Scott, a long time sailing partner will join me on the trip from San Francisco to La Paz, Mexico. Having another sailor along for the trip will make it more comfortable for me and the company will also be nice. Someone to share the beer with. We are taking our time so it will probably talk 3 to 4 weeks to get to La Paz. Another friend, Kurt Petersen, will join us in Marina del Rey to sail with us to San Diego.That's all for now. I will post an update just before I pull anchor.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Bon voyage, Denny! Harry and I will be following your every move.